Short Name: =
Definition: Assignment operator
Usage: variable = expression
- Compute the expression on the right side of the equal sign.
- Define a new variable with the name equal to the text on the left side of the equal sign.
- Store the result in the new variable.
- Use variables extensively. Anytime you use the same function twice, a variable is preferable. This will speed up the program, by preventing a dual calculation. A variable is just a piece of memory that can be read over and over. A function will trigger a calculation.
- Expression on the right can be a scalar value or an array or a series of operation or logic tests.
- You cannot redefine the same variable twice.
- dummy = 14
- dummy = rsi(14)
- dummy = macd(12,26,9) > macdAvg(12,26,9)
- dummy = (high + low + close) / 3